Wednesday 27 January 2016

The abyss of temptation


Had a terrible exhausting day at work due to only a couple of hours of sleep the night before. And it was all because I was visibly upset last evening. I tossed and turned, tossed and turned. It didn't helped that I had to be up extra early this morning. Slept at almost 3am and woke up at 5am. The rest of the day was a goner.

I was upset because of a small matter last evening. And I got more upset that I was upset over that small matter. That small matter was nothing to do with me. It was over the action of someone and that made me fumed. 

Often only the person whom we are concerned with is the only one who is able to make us that upset. We often justify our own actions with noble reasons, but we just do not wish to acknowledge the hidden agenda or feelings we feel, tightly concealed under that noble facade. And we don't realise the impact it has on those who really care about us. 

No matter how noble our intentions are, we should not cause harm to others, for example, breaking up someone else's family, breaking up someone else's marriage, breaking up the lives of the kids of that marriage and so on. We go about looking for our own needs, fulfilment and happiness at the expense of others. We go about justifying our actions further. We mindlessly sought what is missing in our life by making up more unnecessary reasons to pursue that relationship, as innocent as it looks. 

I've seen this happened so many times before. The lives of all parties ruined just because you get embroiled in an undesirable relationship. Both parties may be the nicest people on earth but if being in that relationship affects even more parties, and results in more harm than happiness, then I think the relationship should be nipped in the bud before it develops further. Hope we realise we are playing with fire. It sounds so simplistic but we often fall into the abyss of temptation; the temptation of appearance, the temptation of convenience, the temptation of excitement, the temptation of lust, the temptation of wanting to 'feel good'.

I've witnessed it so many times over and over again from real life cases, that I don't wish it upon someone I truly care about. 

And that was why I couldn't sleep last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...